Sunday, August 17, 2008

Vocabulary Words

This summer we learned a lot of new words. From the time we got out of school on June 6th until we go back to school tomorrow we learned a whole bunch of new words. Some of the words we would rather not know. Others, I am so grateful I learned. Many of them, we knew but had never really learned until this summer. Here's the list:
  • pancreatic cancer
  • hospital
  • stint
  • biliary tubes
  • family
  • prayer
  • love
  • eternal families
  • Fathers Day
  • oncologist
  • pain doctor
  • the color purple
  • Heavenly Fathers plan
  • funeral
  • viewing
  • S*!t
  • Wake
  • No, OK, Any time.

Some of these vocabulary words won't make sense to some of you. But for the wonderful family I spent my summer with, they will understand. We will never forget these words. I am sure I missed a lot of words that could belong on the list but I will never forget this summer spent with such a wonderful family.

Feel free to remind me of some of the words I forgot!

3 comments:

Meg & Josh said...

You are part of what makes it so wonderful, Kelli. We couldn't have done it without you!

Jill Johnson said...

You did good. Wow! Did that all really happen? I love you.

Larissa said...

It's amazing what happens in a few months. This is truly a summer to remember! Life is very unpredictable! There's a vocab word for you, unpredictable. I'm not sure if that's the right spelling, though. Oh well. None of that really matters. (Shhh, don't tell the kids!)