Sunday, March 22, 2009

Post-Vacation Post

So I have been reminded by many people that I need to post. So here I am. I have been a little busy getting ready for vacation, work stuff etc. Honestly, I need time to stop just so I can get caught up on everything. But, here I am back from a nice warm vacation sitting in my filthy house wanting to be back on vacation.

Pre Cruise

A little about our vacation. We had such a great time. We started out in Ft. Lauderdale Florida. We flew in at midnight so I reserved a hotel close to the airport so the taxi ride wouldn't be a fortune. We showed up and it was a dive. I was affraid to walk around the room without shoes on and I thought someone was going to rob us so we double locked the room (dead-bolt and chain). Then the air-conditioner would kick on and the whole room would vibrate. It was sooooo loud! We had to lean our suitcases on the door (it helped with the vibration of the ac and so nobody could break in). Pretty sad. To say the least, we will never stay there again.

The next day, I was glad to get out of that hotel and get back to the airport to meet the rest of our group. Jill and Aaron, Lorin and Jackie and many others met us there. We were ready for some adventures and they were all tired after an all night flight.

Later that day we headed out to the everglades (if you read Jills blog you will just hear more of the same, blah!blah!blah!). We saw 5 or 6 alligators. And, did you know that alligators can go under water for up to 19 hours. That is what our guide told us! It's true I promise because everything he says is true. He even told us that there are 11 million people in Ft. Lauderdale that are out or work. See, I told you it is true. We had fun even if everything he said was FALSE!

*Did I tell you the boat was really loud. We had to wear ear plugs. What! It was nice to wear the ear plugs so we didn't have to listen to the lies from Chuck the tour guide.

* Here I am holding a baby alligator. I loved it and Troy wouldn't touch it. Maybe he was scared!

Saturday morning before boarding the ship we drove to Miami. We had no idea where we were going but just wanted to find a beach. We found one. It was loaded with jelly fish that Jackie was playing with and naked ladies. This time we weren't even looking for the naked people, they were just there staring at us with their big, giant, sagging, tan headlights. It was nasty!
* Here we are in Miami, it was a beautiful beach with cute life guard shacks....
* And a lot of people.
**Zoom in if you would like to see the nasties.
* Or you could just look at Jackie giving her impression of the nasties.
So, that is the beginning or our vacation. I will post more later, and I promise it won't take me a month to do so.

7 comments:

Kathie said...

I am so jealous! Happy anniversary too:)

Larissa said...

You didn't even have to have a black sand beach to find the nudies! I knew you'd see some...see I told ya so.

Nikki said...

Finally!! I was tired of seeing Fire...

Sounds like your vacation was a blast. Can't wait to read more here or over at Jills blog.

Congrats on the wedding anniversary, I didn't remember you and Troy getting married in March. Great month. ;)

Anonymous said...

I look forward to more vacation posts. Looks like a "great" start to your trip! It was great seeing you last week, we'll have to plan something smaller sooner!

Heidi Rich said...

I think that you are missing some of your better photos...

Kelli said...

They're coming later!

Keli said...

I zoomed in, of course, and didn't see anything worse than when I look in the mirror! At least theirs were tan!

Looking forward to the rest of the cruise.