Friday, June 20, 2008

Sorry, Mr. Kennecott Guy

The past two days I have been hateful. I am definitely in the angry, pissed off phase. This morning, Jill and I decided to take the kids to Kennecott. We figured the kids needed to get out and do something fun and exciting. As we pulled up to the gate I was on my cell phone talking to a friend. I told her to hold on so I could talk to the man. He immediately told me to put my phone down. I wasn't even talking to her. He said "You need to put your phone away while you are on Kennecott Property." Whatever, so I told my friend, "This man is getting mad at me, so I will call you back later." In kind of a rude voice he said: "I'm not mad at you, you just need to relax!" So, I piped back: "My mother-in-law was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and you are telling me to relax." I don't think so! He felt bad and then told me to go on my way.

Sorry, Mr. Kennecott Guy. I usually don't snap at people like that, but cancer sucks and makes us do things that we normally wouldn't do. Everything bothers me. If I am mean to any of you, just remember that cancer sucks. Blame it on the cancer!

*ps. We did have a fun time at Kennecott. The kids loved the binoculars and the huge dump trucks. We even watched the movie and all the kids watched the whole thing.

2 comments:

Jill Johnson said...

He deserved to be snapped at! Hang in there!

Larissa said...

Been there, done that! I get that! It's so hard to be normal and pretend to be normal with everyone, and especially with the kids when you are in such an emotional state. It's okay to feel the way you feel, luckily it's normal. I'm thinking about you all constantly! Hang in there.