Friday, April 3, 2009

Stories

So I found out at Gabe's Parent Teacher Conference that he is a good story writer. His teacher says he just writes and writes. He writes three stories to the other kids' one. Last week he came home with this one. I think it says it all:

My Grandma

By Gabe Noorda

My Grandma died July 26th at midnight and it was so sad. I loved her.

We slept over a lot. I mean a lot, a lot with my cousins.

She bought us a lot of things, too.

We went over every Sunday.

She would read us a lot of stories.

She got sick, very sick.

She would do anything for us and she was very nice.


I thought this story was so cute. It proves to me that my kids still know her and miss her as much as we do. I hope they never forget how much she loved them.

6 comments:

Larissa said...

I got goosebumps and teary eyed. Soooo, sweet! Kids are great.

Keli said...

Perfectly simple, and perfectly Nunn. Go Gabe.

brightonislove said...

they will always remember. ive never forgotten my grandma and how much she loved me, and i dont think any of my siblings have either. love you guys!

Jill Johnson said...

I have really been trying lately to teach them about her. One year at girls camp she taught us to make blueberry muffins in hollowed out oranges. I was telling my kids about her while we made them last night for a snack. It was a fun thing for me to remember. It makes me glad to hear brighton say that.

Nikki said...

That is the sweetest thing. Working with kids I've seen a lot of stories....

You never know what your ganna get.
Try not getting teary eyed grading papers where the whole class can see. This would have done it. :)

Kids have the simplest most heartfelt way of sharing.

Meg & Josh said...

This little story is so sweet. I brought the tears.