Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Madisonironi!

I can't believe she is turning 11! I remember the day she was born, it seems just like yesterday. I remember being huge and swollen, the Dr. had just told me that I had toxemia and he put me on bed rest. I went home and laid down for a couple hours and started having these funny feelings. I had no idea what was going on. Troy came home from work and started cooking dinner. Noodle chunt (or noodles with cream of chicken soup and tuna fish)with the tri-colored noodles. I still remember! I didn't eat any of it because by the time it was done I was in full blown labor. My contractions were 2 minutes apart so we ran to the hospital. I was checked in and the Nurse checked to see how far I was dilated. She told me I was between a 9 and a 10. Madison was finally ready to come and she didn't want to wait any longer. At 10:59 pm she was born. She weighed 7 pounds 13 ounces and had a lot of crazy hair. She was the cutest thing I had ever seen!

Eleven years later she is such a wonderful young lady. She is such a good girl, I don't know how we got so lucky to have her in our family. A few things about her:
*She loves to read. She is just like her Nunny!
*She hates the heat. Again, just like Nunny!
*She has beautiful strawberry blonde hair.
*She is very spiritual and loves to go to church. She definitely is an example to us.
*She is friends with everybody.
*She loves American Girl dolls.
*She already knows what car she wants when she turns 16. A Mini Cooper!
*She loves strawberries. Plain strawberries, strawberries dipped in sugar, strawberry ice cream, strawberry suckers. Everything strawberry!
*She wears hearing aids....What? And she just got new earmolds. They are adorable and just as bright as always.

There is so much more I could write about her. I could go on and on. Instead I will just give you some pictures and you can see for yourself what a wonderful girl she is.

We love you Madisonironi! Happy Birthday!!!

7 comments:

Keli said...

I love this girl! Do you remember how crazy her head was when she was born? I remember thinking that was so weird! But she looks great now! As beautiful as ever. She's such a sweetie, and definitely an example to all of us. She was a good start to the big crop of girls that came along after her. They have a wonderful girl to look up to!

Jill Johnson said...

A young lady is right! Scary! I can't believe this is the year to prepare them for YW! We only have a year and they will be out of primary. That is scary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Madison! I remember when she was born. Wow! Our kids are growing up fast, I guess that means we are, too.

Nikki said...

Really cute slide show. She is darling. I think she looks a lot like Troy, I never noticed this before. Or does she look more like you? Maybe a nice mix.
I even had a teenie tiny tear when I saw the precious pic of her kissing her nun.

Before you know it dating and driving. It comes up fast. Good luck. ;)

Meg & Josh said...

Yes, we do love her!

Happy Bday Madison. I can't believe you are 11. I also remember the day you were born. Nunn had to keep her head down because of some eye surgery, but it out worked great, because all she wanted to do was look down at you. You were such a beautiful baby, and now have grown to be such a beautiful young lady!

I hope you have a great day! I can't wait to give you your bday present on Monday. You are going LOVE it!!

Jennie said...

We just love Madison. She is such a sweet little girl. I hate that we moved away from your family. Happy Birthday Madison!!!

Kathie said...

Happy Birthday from all the Perkins'!