Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Madness

Here are a few pics from Halloween. Costumes weren't great but the kids were happy and had a fun time. It's hard to get excited about costumes when the kids are off-track for Halloween. Actually, Madison and Gabe just wanted to wear their costumes from last year so I was pretty happy about that.
Here are the pumpkins we carved this year. I hate carving pumpkins! Can I just get that out there. Honestly, this year my kids fought and fought about who got to dig the guts out and who got to use the spoon....Finally, I just had to kick them out and finish it myself. I was so glad when they were done. And, if I do say so myself, I think they turned out pretty good!
I saw this idea on someones blog, so I stole it. I thought it was really cute so we got Troys drill and attached a hole saw to it. That was fun except my kids tried the drill and they did it so fast that the pumpkin guts went everywhere!
And, last but not least, the fantastic costumes you have been waiting for. Eli was Batman, Madison was a baby and Gabe a skeleton. Gabe looked better with his mask but he hated wearing it.


Hope you all had a great halloween...



3 comments:

brightonislove said...

i love your pumpkin! thats awesome.

madison and i looked quite similar :) love it!

Nikki said...

Super Cute pumpkins. I am all about the easy costumes. I personally loathe Halloween. I remember when we were young it we just threw a costume together from home. Now it's so commercialized.

Looks like you all had a great time.

Keli said...

I wanted to do a polka dot pumpkin too! I love it! Next year, I guess. You're lucky your kids are off track. I know Jeanette specifically teaches D track so she can be off for Halloween. She says it's just way too crazy at school. I don't blame her.