Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's never easy to say Goodbye



When you say goodbye to someone, you usually expect to see them again. Maybe, tomorrow or in a month or year. But you usually see them again. We had to say goodbye to an amazing woman. Troys mom, my second mom, my kids Nunny, Paula, passed away after a courageous fight with pancreatic cancer. She was such an inspiration to so many people. We had to say goodbye and know that we would not see her again.

I just want to say Thank You to so many people who have helped us out during this difficult time. We have had so many tender mercies rendered on our behalf by so many people. So....Thank You!

Thank goodness we know that our Goodbye's are not forever. We will see her again but until that time we hope to always have her presence with us and to never forget her example.



We love you Nunny, can't wait to see you again!

If you would like to read more about this amazing woman please visit our Cancer Sucks blog at http://www.paulanoorda.blogspot.com/.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Nunn's service was amazing! The spirit was so strong and you could feel the love everyone had for her. The tributes showed what a wonderful sassy woman Nunn was. I was so impressed by your family and the fabulous talks. You are all so close and are so lucky to have each other. I pray you will continue to feel peace as you heal and find closure.

KristiBT said...

I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there yesterday - Al said it was a great tribute. I'm so sorry for your loss. Let's get together soon.

ClistyB said...

I have never personally experienced such a large crowd at a viewing and funeral before. Other than President Hinckley's. Wow.
It was sorta neat to walk around the house while you were all gone and see what made Nunn, Nunn. Don't freak I only looked at stuff on the ground floor!
And I would love to know where the heck all of the Tupperware cups go. I found places for everything else that was in the dishwasher, but those darned cups had me stumped :)
love ya

Nikki said...

Just wanted to say what a great job Troy did at the funeral. It couldn't have been easy, saying the family prayer then being so composed and speaking so wonderfully. He did a great job sharing all the wonderful parts of his mom. I loved the shooting himself in the head story. I'll bet there were lots of times Danny had to say "don't you dare tell your mom". I am sure they got into a lot of mischief together. I know they did! :)

He set the mood for all the other talks, keep it light but heartfelt and it was. Love you guys. Take care. Hopefully I will see you sometime soon under much better circumstances.

Lori said...

We hope all is going well for you guys. The funeral was an amazing tribute to Paula, we were glad that we could learn more about her. Let us know if you need anything.