Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mamma Mia! Or not



Before this crazy summer started I had the opportunity to go to Mamma Mia in Las Vegas. It was a girls night out on the town. We had such a great time. Seven of us crammed into one car teaching Nunn new words and June's ears are probably still burning. Anyway, we went to Mamma Mia and it was so fun.

Since then I have been so excited to see the movie. Yesterday, Keli asked me to go with her and her mother-in-law to see it. We took the girls and went to the movie. It was definitely not as good as the play. It was pretty cheesy! When Pierce Brosnan would open his mouth to sing the whole audience would start laughing. What's sad is that it wasn't during a funny part of the movie.

Who out there has seen the movie? And what did you think? Did you laugh at Pierce too?

Thank's to Keli for inviting me to go. However, I would suggest a short 6 hour drive to Las Vegas to see the play instead.

5 comments:

KristiBT said...

I'm excited to see it - don't know if Al will go though...

ClistyB said...

i heard the same thing, kinda cheesy.
Batman on the other hand....

Nikki said...

Say Mamma Mia twice!! Once on Friday with teenage daughter Bailee, then again on Saturday with extended family!! LOVED IT!! Hovever, never having seen the play I even thought Pierce's voice was lacking. But the music was great. Found myself moving my legs to the beat. LOVE ABBA!! Cheesy yes, but what the heck we can all use cheesy once in a while.

Loved seeing and talking with you at the viewing. What a blessing you are to your family. I am sure you have been such a rock for everyone. Just added your blog to my favorites, so you might hear more from me. Hope that's ok.

Larissa said...

I love the picture on your header. Super cute!!! I didn't get to see you today, but thank you so much for your help yesterday with Mikaela and all that. You guys are the best!!!

KristiBT said...

bleechy...I hated this show! How can you screw up ABBA? I couldn't even look at them while they were singing. Al lost is man card tonight...stupid, stupid stupid.