Friday, May 8, 2009

Nunn's Day

To my sisters, from Vegas to Chicago and back to SLC, it will be a rough Mother's Day. However, I am trying like you to remember the fun times. The memories that she brought us. I learned so much in the short 15 or 16 years that I knew her. I learned a lot from my mom too, but I learned different things from Nunn. Here is how we celebrated Mother's Day last year...
We opened Mother's Day gifts. Of course, the token picture frame that had pictures of all her grandkids (It even made her cry). What else would you give someone that had everything. I think she liked it though, she hung it on the wall and it is still there.
Then we celebrated Gabe's birthday. Of course she had a cake for him and she was right there with a spatula and paper plates ready to dish it up.
Then we went outside to play with some of Gabe's presents.
Then....this is the last thing she saw....
...until Eli came charging at us with the hose. We were all fast enough to dodge the water, except for Nunn. She sat there and got soaking wet. I think she was a little bit mad but she laughed about it too. So this year I am hoping that she had a good Mother's Day last year because I know I will never forget it!

2 comments:

Keli said...

I see pictures of her, and I still think of her as being here. I guess in my mind I haven't quite made that transition yet. I can see her with her head in her hands as Eli came charging with the hose. I'm sure she didn't mind one bit, except that she had to clean off her glasses afterward.

I miss her.

And you!

Kathie said...

I love to read all the family blogs because of the great memories but I can't anymore because I'm such a big baby! But thanks for the memories and pictures!