Monday, September 15, 2008

The life of a Mom

On Thursday, Madison, my first baby will turn ten. I can't believe I have been a mother for ten years. I look back and life has changed so much. We still do a lot of the things we used to do but we also do so many more things. There are so many challenges and blessings when it comes to being a mom. I am constantly worrying about my kids. Is this a normal thing?

Honestly, I worry if my kids have friends, or if they don't like their school lunch, or if they get in trouble at school (no, not Gabe and Madison but maybe Eli). I shouldn't worry about them but isn't that what a mom is supposed to do?

Even with all the worry and challenges, I love being a mother and wouldn't change a thing. I love my kids so much and here's to Madison for making me a mother and for being such a good girl.





Happy Birthday Madison, we love you!

I will do a birthday post Madison on her birthday. Stay tuned for pictures.




3 comments:

Larissa said...

Yes, I believe it's normal to worry and yes, I believe it is our job! How can we not worry? It's both awful and awesome at the same time. If, that's even possible. But, you are right, it's the best job in the world. We are lucky.

Keli said...

I can't believe she's 10. I just can't believe it.

Jill Johnson said...

Time flies!! They grow so fast. I keep thinking that it won't be that long and I will be home alone again. I am trying to enjoy because soon enough it's gone. And yes, we all worry about our kids and dumb things.