Friday, June 5, 2009

Updates

It has been a while since I wrote. Things have been crazy busy with work and school and play.....Here are some updates:

Madison
  • She is growing up so fast. She loves to babysit and earn money. She always begs us to go on a date so she can be in charge.
  • She is doing really well at piano even though I can't ever get her to practice.
  • She has had testing at school this week and next week so she has really been working hard at school.
  • At school she is trying to pass off all the things for the Presidential Fitness award. She is killing herself to get them all done.

Gabe

  • He is getting ready to start 2nd grade. I can't believe it.
  • On his birthday he moved up in BMX from 6 novice to 7 novice and then the next week he was moved up to 7 intermediate.
  • In his 2 races as a 7 intermediate he has made it to the main both times and has placed 3rd. We are so proud of him.
  • He is always doing something, whether it's digging in the dirt or eating or legos or riding bikes. He is always doing something.

Eli

  • He is learning to not play with knives. Two weeks ago he cut himself and had to get stitches. Yes we are great parents and let our kids play with knives. They will learn sooner or later.
  • He is done with pre-school and is so ready to start Kindergarten. Maybe it is me that is ready for him to start.
  • He gets to go to play with his cousin, Megan, 4 days a week while I go to work. I think he really likes it (Thanks Lori). He also goes to Grandmas 1 day a week, he loves to go and eat her cookies.
  • This kid is like Gabe and is always doing something. However, he is usually doing something a little more mischievious.

Troy and Kelli

  • We have been busy at work. Troy has been bidding jobs like crazy and I hope that will end soon.
  • Troy has also been racing a little bit of BMX and getting some Mtn. Bike and Road biking in.
  • I am riding Little Red tomorrow and I am not ready. Hopefully I will still be able to walk after it is over.

Here is a little video of Gabe's race last night. He has the silver helmet on and is in 4th place most of the time until the last straight before the finish he passes for 3rd.

2 comments:

Kathie said...

Way to go Gabe! Thanks you guys for the BBQ, my kids had a GREAT time.

Jill Johnson said...

I love the update! I love to watch him race. I can't sit still watching. Just like when Carter would race. That is so fun.