Monday, October 6, 2008

Birthdays, birthdays & more birthdays!

We have a lot of birthdays this week. We have Nunn, two nieces (McKinley and Maggie), one nephew (Johnny), two sisters (Meg, Tracy), and one Grandma. Happy Birthday to you all!

On October 7th, my dear sweet Grandmother turns (drum roll please).......99!

She has always meant a lot to me. I have always enjoyed spending time with her. When I was born, my parents already had two girls and they didn't know what to name a third daughter. So, my grandma found my name in the newspaper. So, yes, I am named after someone we don't even know. That doesn't matter, it is still a cute name right? Anyway, on with the birthday celebrations.



On Sunday, we celebrated Nunn's birthday by sending her balloons with messages on them. This is going to be a tradition. Every year you will find us sending balloons. Hopefully, at least one will make it to Heaven.












And we celebrated Grandma's by making her blowout 99 candles. Just kidding, I think there were only eight but she did it.

5 comments:

Keli said...

Such a perfect tradition. You're awesome. I love the pics, thanks.

And yes, I think your name is pretty nice. You should thank your granny.

And 99. Wow. Her midlife crisis was longer ago than I was even alive! Crazy!

Jill Johnson said...

Your grandma still looks the same. Can you look older when you get that old? She is so cute. You are so lucky to have her.

The balloons are great. We did the same thing and the kids loved it.

Meg & Josh said...

That was SO much Kelli! Thank you again for the great idea. I can't wait to do it next year!

Katrina said...

Hey it must be a great month because it is my grandma and grandpa keller's birthday this month and today is Maile's also!!!

The Noorda Monkeys said...

HEY!! and my birthday!!!! it is on the 9th!!! lol love you!!!