Thursday, October 16, 2008

More from Moab

As most of you know, we usually race a 24 hour race in Moab every year. This year the guys didn't want to put themselves through such misery so rather than race they just rode and rode and rode some more. The only problem we had with the weather was that it was just a tad windy. I'm not talking a light breeze. There were gusts that would blow their bikes across the parking lot. While they were riding it would blow them off the trail. You can say it was a little windy, or a lot windy!!!



*Here the guys are leaning forward into the wind so they don't get blown over.


While they were riding we took all the kids to a big sandy hill to climb, play and to, most importantly, make them tired. The kids loved it and for the little while we were there it wasn't too windy.




*Here are Heidi and Jasons girls, Adi and Eliza and Madison (falling on her face) and Gabe running down the sand hill.

3 comments:

Jill Johnson said...

so fun! I love all the boys, they look freezing. You gotta really love to ride to ride in the wind.

Laura said...

Youre bike is high tech with the pressure warning light! Great job on patching your tire. I used to have to patch my bike tires on my mission- but I'm pretty sure it was the spirit...dont think I would do it now.

Kelli said...

Actually it was my car tire that was going flat. We pumped up my bike tire and then fixed the car tire.