Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Is this the city?

So if a skunk isn't enough in the middle of South Jordan. We looked out our window sunday morning and on the sidewalk, in the front yard, was a great big fat woodchuck. He was just sitting there wondering what to do. Then all of a sudden he took off running into a neighbors yard.


We had woodchucks in our yard last year and I don't want them this year. They dig behind our rockwalls and ruin them. I got so mad last year I even tried to shoot one. I hit it in the foot but then it ran away. I just hope they stay out of our yard this year.


Here is one of the woodchucks we caught last year. They are not very nice.

We also have some deer that come down in the mornings. The kids love to see them.




Here are some of the deer. Sorry I didn't have my zoom lens on.

With all these animals, you would think we were living in the mountains or the boondocks. We don't, we live about a mile from the freeway. Crazy!!!

7 comments:

Girls Rule said...

Keli, you have more animal stories than I do and your in the BIG city. I love it!!! I love that you even shot it in the foot. You are so funny.

Keli said...

How much wood would a wood chuck chuck....

I couldn't resist.

Kelli said...

Krystal, I did shoot it. My neighbors saw me from their window. I was on the deck in my pajamas. How W/T can you be.

Keli, you are so funny. I knew that would come from you.

Nunn said...

Keli, that was my line!! You are so funny. All we have in our yard is birds and stupid dogs. And of course, the best, Grandkids!!

Meg & Josh said...

K, Davey Crocket! I love that you shot it while in your pj's...you SO need a couch on your front porch!

Keli said...

Even better than a couch, would be a toilet in the front yard, like at the mouse house. Or a water heater in the driveway. That would be ghetto fab.

Jill Johnson said...

We just get pigeons. What is your funny line for that Keli?