Thursday, May 22, 2008

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES



We had Eli's pre-school graduation last night. It was so cute! He sang all the songs and knew all the actions. I was so proud. I think Eli was the cutest one there.




Miss Kelly had a few of the kids go up between the songs and say what the wanted to be when they grew up. It was so cute! Of course, some of the kids were scared and didn't want to do it. Others didn't even care what they said. Eli got up there and said it perfectly. He said, "When I grow up I want to be a Fireman." Both, Troy and I, thought he would have said he wanted to be a pirate. For the last few months he has told us when he grows up he wants to be a 'real pirate'. The best part of the whole program was when one of the kids got up and said, "Superman!" He didn't say "what I want to be" or anything, just "Superman." It was so cute.


I love that kids are themselves. They haven't been tainted by other people or things yet. They are so innocent. I wish I could be that way again. Instead I live through my children and pretend to be innocent again. I guess thats OK.

3 comments:

Keli said...

He is so cute! I wish he would have said he wanted to be a pirate! That would have been hilarious. What a funny kid.

And you don't have to pretend you're innocent. You really are. Unless there's something I don't know about you....

Girls Rule said...

I'm surprised he was not Captain Jack Sparrow! Cute.

Meg & Josh said...

Way to go Eli!