Saturday, May 17, 2008

Peeeew!!!

Last night we decided to go to Gateway with the kids. We had a good dinner and fun shopping. On our way home we had to pick up a work truck and bring it back to our house. So I dropped Troy off at the truck and he was a few minutes behind me. It was about 9:30 when we got home and the kids were extremely tired. I got them out of the car and tucked them in bed, expecting Troy any minute to kiss them goodnight.

By the time I was done, Troy still wasn't in the house. I knew he was home, so I went out to the garage to see what was taking him so long. I opened the door and staring at me was a black and white SKUNK!

Yes, a skunk there in my garage. I guess when I got home it was in the bushes. When Troy got home he drove up and scared it into the garage. Troy was standing outside wondering what to do. He didn't want to get sprayed. When I opened the door I scared the skunk and it ran under my car. I thought for sure it would spray all over in the garage.

Troy and I were now wondering what to do when all of a sudden the skunk just ran out. Troy took off running like a girl. He thought the skunk was going to chase him. He said, "It's after me!" Thank goodness the skunk ran the other way. We hurried and closed the garage as fast as we could.

I was so glad, the skunk didn't even leave a scent. That was a little too close to nature for me.

7 comments:

Keli said...

Ha ha! I'm seriously laughing at the thought of Troy running and screaming! Lucky for you it didn't spray you. That would be so gross. And can you imagine if it had sprayed in your garage? That smell would be on everything!

Larissa said...

What a great story! You guys are so lucky it didn't spray all your stuff. You'd have to move! I have never heard of anyone with a skunk that close to them at their own home. In San Diego we had a skunk come and leave a present every night on our back lawn. But, we never actually saw the thing.
So, funny that Troy was running and screaming. Did the neighbors see? Cuz that would be awesome!

Girls Rule said...

Keli That would only happen to say you guys and probably one of us. That is a funny story!!I think you guys are bloggers. Check mine once every 4 months.

Jill Johnson said...

Ha Ha. Troy was raised with all us girls, what can we say?

ClistyB said...

and that was probably the same skunk that sprayed in our yard after visiting your house!! We had some lovely aroma saturday night, too.
I wonder if 11400 will get rid of all the skunks around here.

Meg & Josh said...

Geez, your kids see more wildlife at your house than they do at the zoo! Woodchucks, skunks....

Meg & Josh said...

Okay, In Troy's defense, he said he didn't scream "It's after me." but he didn't say he didn't run. So who should we believe, Kelli or Troy????
My vote is Kelli! I love Troy but he is a screamer!!!! Love you Troy.