Sunday, May 25, 2008

A little bit W.T.

Last week when I talked about all the animals we have around here, and how I try to shoot them, I was feeling a little bit like white trash. Here are a few reasons that maybe we are a little more WT than we want to admit:
  • Yes, I tried to shoot a woodchuck from my deck in my pajamas (My neighbor saw the whole thing from their bedroom). For the record, I did hit it.
  • My boys feel free to pee anywhere outside. They think it is fun to 'water' the trees.
  • My kids never have shoes on outside.
  • We have a three car garage and only one car can park inside.
  • One of my kids, I won't name names (Eli), likes to pick his nose. What do I do?
  • Our back yard sometimes looks like a bedroom with clothes thrown all over the floor. Sometimes the kids feel like they need to disrobe outside.
  • Our kids like the fascinating sounds that their bodies make (You know what I mean).
  • Our sandbox is a big pile of dirt on the side of the house.
  • In some flower beds, the weeds are taller than the shrubs.
  • Last week, on the side of our house, we had a jacked up skid steer with a tire missing.

Do these things make me white trash? I think the only thing we are missing is the couch on the front lawn and 3 or 4 cars up on blocks.

5 comments:

Larissa said...

We are all W.T. Some a little, some A LOT. One house on the way to school has two toilets as planters in their front yard. The kid who lives there is so embarrassed. Why do some people do that? My kids are like that too. So, uninhibited!

Keli said...

I think of myself as WT, but in an endearing sort of way. It's what makes me who I am.

And it helps me make those around me feel more comfortable in my almighty presence.

ClistyB said...

Kevin LOVES telling that story btw.
I am always trying to see your backyard when I drive by, but I never can get a good look at it or I will wreck so you really don't have anything to worry about.
I keep thinking about what Gabe (itching) said at our house the other day and it totally makes me laugh each and everytime!! LOVED it. No WT kid knows that word, Kelli!

Girls Rule said...

Kelli, I hate to keep commenting but you blog is so funny!!

Meg & Josh said...

I love the skid steer! Does WT even know what a skid steer is???