Thursday, May 1, 2008

Birthday Party Planning 101

Gabe's birthday is on May 12th. He wants to have a birthday party for some kids in the ward and all the boys from his Kindergarten class. I figure it will be about 15 to 18 boys. I need some help with planning his party. I need ideas for games etc.

Gabe said he wants to have his party here in the back yard. My first concern is the weather. It was snowing today. I am hoping that it will be a good day but you never know. If I plan games to play outside I should probably have some backups that I can do inside, Right?

Next, I need to know what to do. He said he wants to play relay games. So I was thinking to play a few games and then have some pizza (we are doing it at lunch time). Then open presents and have cake and icecream. Is that all I need to do? I hate planning parties and worrying about what the kids will like to do.

Give me your input and some game ideas, Thanks!!!

4 comments:

Keli said...

I think you're crazy!

But that said, good call on the pizza. Maybe do the egg on a spoon race, and the 3 legged race, those are usually big hits with the younger crowd.

And if it's bad weather, you could always move it into the basement!

Nunn said...

How about Red Rover and Hide and Seek. I'm old, but those are always oldies but goodies. You know, kids that age love whatever you do and especially the pizza. They won't care a bit as long as you have pizza!!! Good Luck, if you need help, call me.

Jill Johnson said...

All kids want to do is play. Don't plan too much because once the toys are open you will completely loose them all.

Larissa said...

I'm having the same issue but with older kids and less of 'em. Ugh! It's to the point where I hate birthday parties. Is that wrong? It's the darn weather that has me all frazzled! Pinatas always are a hit and take up time.