Monday, April 21, 2008

Another crazy weekend!

Sorry, it has been a few days since I posted. We had kind of a crazy weekend and never had a spare minute.

Friday: I was supposed to have achievement days here, but I cancelled it. Then that evening it was date night here. That means I had my nieces and nephews here (eight kids total). We made homemade pizza. The kids asked if I would make it for them, so of course I did. They were here from about 5:30 pm until 10:00 pm. I don't know how kids can play so hard. They rode bikes, played in the sand, played on the swingset and trampoline. Even watched movies and played games. All crammed into 4 1/2 hours.

Saturday: Troy picked up some trees and plants for our back yard. We planned on going for a road ride and planting trees. We had 50 to 60 mph wind gusts. So instead of a road ride we went for a mountain bike ride. Heidi came out with her kids and we got a babysitter for the six kids and headed off. We got up to the canyon and it was windy there too. However, we felt really fast going up hill because the wind blew us all the way up. On the way down we were pelted with sand and almost blown over. It was pretty exciting. Troy and Jason finished planting the trees, even with the wind as strong as it was. I don't know how they did it. The kids continued to play outside until about 9:00.

So for two days, the kids went strong until way past their bedtimes. By the time Sunday came, the kids were drained. On Sunday, we even celebrated Eli's birthday at Nunn's house (pictures to come later). He scored a whole bunch of pirate stuff and his bike.

Sorry, this is kind of scattered but that is how the whole weekend was. One thing to the next.

1 comment:

Keli said...

I can't wait for pictures. Mom said he got tons of pirate stuff, and he especially liked the cake.


And it seems like your weekends are always crazy!