Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Is it spring?

The last few years we have had very mild winters. This year it seems to never end. So, I am wondering if it is ever going to feel like spring for longer than 2 days.

Is this what spring is supposed to be like:
  • snow on the ground
  • decrease in temperature by 30 to 40 degrees in a 24 hr. period
  • arctic wind gusts
  • frozen daffodils and tulips (they look so sad)
  • kids getting dressed in capris and flip flops expecting it to be warm because it was yesterday

I have a feeling we are going to skip spring and go straight to summer.

4 comments:

Nunn said...

I looked at Keli's blog and it's even Spring in Chicago!! But not here in Utah! I just loved the snow on the ground this morning! Oh well. It is supposed to warm up, again!!!

Keli said...

I can't take that back and forthing of the seasons. I'm glad spring is here, finally, but I'm sad for you guys. You can come stay here until summer starts. I wouldn't mind one bit.

Kelli said...

It looks like summer is going to start tomorrow until saturday. Then on sunday it will be winter again.

Meg & Josh said...

The daffodils did look so droopy and sad!