Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring has sprung!

I think we can finally say that spring is here. People are finally starting to emerge from the confines of their houses. Hopefully we won't get anymore snow. We got some a few days ago and I hope that was the end of it. Since it is spring, rather than running on the treadmill I have been trying to do things outside.
So last night I went for a quick bikeride. I have a twelve mile loop which isn't very far but there are 3 or 4 decent climbs on it. So I was feeling really good, I felt like I was going pretty fast. I am usually pulling the two monsters behind, I wasn't last night, so that might be why I felt fast. I got out about 7 miles and turned to head back home. All of a sudden it hit me...(the wind that is). I had to battle the wind the whole way home. I haven't been riding since october so I am totally out of shape and the wind killed me. I found out why I felt so good going the other direction.
Even though spring has the tendency to be a little bit windy, I am still so excited to finally be able to get out and enjoy the outdoors. My kids have been loving it too.

2 comments:

Keli said...

You know if you were to have started into the wind, you would have turned around just as the wind changed. Total law of cycling.

But good for you. You rock. I did the Chick Workout today, and man, she worked us HARD. My legs are all jello-y.

Jill Johnson said...

I am so glad you guys can emerge from your igloos. It is supposed to be 82 tomorrow. Yeah!!! I am going riding in the morning. Love it!