Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bored Kids

Since my kids have been off track for the past 2 weeks we have been trying to find things to do. We have gone to the childrens museum and the zoo. I also have them signed up for swim lessons three times a week. They still get bored. So yesterday we went to my moms and had a cooking day. (My kids used to spend a couple days a week with grandma when I was at work. They don't see her much anymore so they miss her.) Grandma let them cook two kinds of cookies. She is so patient with them. There were different sizes and shapes of cookies but she doesn't care. That would drive me totally insane. Then we also made homemade bread, wheat and white. Yum!!! I still have 1 1/2 weeks before they go back to school and I am running out of ideas. Maybe I can keep them busy by doing yardwork!!! Ha, Ha, Ha!





Since the main reason for the blog is to keep in contact with the FAR DISTANT relatives, heres a few pictures of the kids on Easter.



I can never get Eli to take a decent picture.


Ready for the Easter egg hunt at Grandma Dowdle's
After the very profitable Easter egg hunt at Nunn's. Notice all the loot behind, that is all Madison's.

5 comments:

Mena Lima said...

LOL do I understand you, mine started school again on Monday the 31st, they had a 2 week break and I too had run out of ideas looooong time ago. That and the fact that these 2 of mine CANNOT play 10 minutes together without being involved in a big fight!!

Keli said...

I don't know, I think that first picture is a pretty good one of Eli. And that Madison, she is so photogenic. Her blue eyes with those freckles, so cute.

And I see Nunn didn't cut back on the amount of treats for the Easter egg hunt even though there were 7 less kids this year. Score for you guys!

Looks like you had fun. Sorry we missed it.

And in that second picture, Gabe totally looks like Troy. Only cuter, of course.

Jill Johnson said...

Oh I miss Pirate Eli. If you have a week and a half that is perfect time to come down and enjoy the nice weather!! We could go to the M&M factory and Coke and the bellagio waters......

Kelli said...

Get ready Jill, I might just show up. Then Pirate Eli can bring his sword and use it on Aaron again. And, No, Nunn did not cut back on the treats. We are still overflowing at our house.

Meg & Josh said...

Your kids are so fun! I'm so glad we have still have at least one set of neices and nephews left!!