Sunday, April 6, 2008

THIS WEEKS PET PEEVE

So I have a pet peeve, and I am wondering if this drives anybody else crazy besides me. I signed my kids up for swimming while they are off track. The classes were full so I had to sign them up at different times.

Here's my pet peeve: I take Gabe in the morning and there is this mom with a boy in his class. She also has a boy in the class after his. She comes and talks really loud to people that are there watching their kids. Sometimes it is nice to talk to people, but she only talks about herself and what a great life she has. She let me know that she lives in Daybreak, and they are getting a pool this summer. Last time she brought flashcards to practice with her boy, while he was waiting for his class. And again, it was loud. She wants everybody to know what a great mother she is.

I noticed that she talks to different people everyday. Does she drive the other people crazy like me? Now I just take a book to read and don't make eye contact. Is that bad?

Don't we teach our kids not to talk to strangers? Do I have to talk to this stranger? I don't think so...

6 comments:

Keli said...

Good call on the book. That usually keeps the crazies away. I don't think you should talk to her. If she drives you crazy from a distance, imagine how annoyed you'd be face to face with her! She's probably just overcompensating for low self esteem, or hiding the fact that the pool they're getting is putting them in debt up to their eyebrows.

Kelli said...

Thing is about the pool, it is a community pool at Daybreak that she gets to share with about 2,000 people.

Keli said...

Oh, well, that's different. I'm guessing she's still compensating for something she's lacking. Hopefully lessons will be over soon, and you'll never have to deal with her again.

Nunn said...

I bet I know exactly the woman you are talking about!! She was so obnoxious the week I took Gabe. I could not believe her! I agree with Keli, lessons will be over soon and hopefully you'll never have to see her again.

Jill Johnson said...

Usually people like that are totally messed up. They like to give you a picture perfect life, and really it is a mess. She probably put her pool on a credit card that she had to apply for because the other 16 were full.

Laura said...

That is soooo annoying! Good call on the book. You should pay off one of the other kids to push her into the pool. ha ha.